Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Thursday, May 15, 2003


"The Uncontious Mind Wins."


Well, just for the heck of it, I decided to pull an all-nighter on Tuesday night (after my last post). I took the opportunity to let myself get so engrossed in the art project at hand (well, more research for it anyway) that I lost track of time.... and I was sort of having fun too. As intended, I was still awake Wednesday morning when my roomate, Noah, woke up and went off to work. He didn't say anything.

Sometime after 9am, I got up from my computer, left my project for a few moments, and went to get a bite to eat. Then it happened. I completely lost the motivation to continue with my project. I simply didn't have the drive to sit back down and pick up where I left off. On top of that, my uncontious mind was laughing at me, claiming that I was most definitely near defeat. I, of course, adamant to stay awake, disagreed....

Unfortunately though, I guess I was much weaker than I thought. Within a few moments, I had decided to crawl into bed anyway, and woke up seven hours later, just in time for dinner.

[big sigh]

Word of the Wise:
The Uncontious Mind is deceptively powerful. No matter how hard you try to fight it, it WILL win in the end!

Oh well, I needed the sleep. Strange thing is though... I had some very interesting dreams as I slept.

I had one -- a very vivid one -- in which I saved a quiet young woman, about my age, from committing suicide. She was about to jump off the railing of an old apartment building stairwell, and plunge to her death many floors below. After a touching conversation, I convinced her not to.... and then in the days that followed, she and I became good friends. .... Very strange.

Hmm, well, who knows. Maybe it's just a strange little reminder that I gotta get out there and meet new people. [shrug].

Have a great Thursday... Time for bed. I'll catch you all probably later in the day. :)

Your happily blogging friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)