Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Monday, June 16, 2003


"Cheese Every Ten Miles."


You gotta love Wisconsin. Where else will you be able to drive 340 miles across-state, and see signs every ten miles or so for yet another 'cheese factory'? .... I love cheese, but, man, that's still a lot of cheese!

Truth be told, though, Noah, Rachel, and I did eventually succumb to those signs on the way back to Milwaukee from Minnesota last night. We stopped, somewhere around the Dells (Wisconsin Dells) and Noah made sure to buy some 8-year-old aged chedder as a Father's Day gift. I guess his dad likes cheese too. ...[chuckle].

Overall though, the weekend was a good one. I guess I've never been a fan of the round-trip 700 mile journey from Milwaukee to Minneapolis, and then back again, especially in two days. But, being able to spend Father's Day with my dad at home was well worth it. The image in church on Sunday of my parents sitting at the end of the pew, and all six of us siblings (plus Noah of course), down the line, filling up the rest of the pew, was a touching one. All of us were able to get back home for the weekend, and I think my dad really appreciated the rare opportunity....

It was somewhat like those credit card commercials:

"A gallon of unleaded gas: $1.58. Lunch at a fast food restuarant somewhere in the middle of Wisconsin: $5.39. A caffinated beverage from a rest area somewhere along the interstate: $1.25. The entire family spending Father's Day at home: Priceless."

I guess for that reason, a journey through the hills, flat farm fields, and dense forests of Wisconsin was definitely worth it. In the end, it was my vacation for a while. Now that I'm safely back in Milwaukee again, I return to my tasks at hand, and I remember another year celebrating a Father whose love and support has lead me to where I am right now!

Thanks Dad! Though things are simple on my end, you're part of the reason I am here, enjoying this simple life that I am! May God grant you many more years of successful fatherhood! :)

Have a blessed new week all, and I'll catch you again on the marrow.

Your happily blogging, cheese-loving friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)