Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Saturday, June 14, 2003


"End of the Week: Road Trip"


Well, it's Saturday already -- the end of the week. Surprisingly I look back on the week and am wondering where it went.

I suppose this is partly due in point to the fact that I have chosen to exist on a night schedule this week. It's one of the joys of setting my own hours right now, but, it takes a little longer to get used to than I thought. With this patriotic piece that I have been working on, I decided to draw during the night, and sleep during the day. I really enjoy drawing in the quiet of the evening, and so far it seems to be working very well.

I think, barring the fact that I am still probably a day (or night rather) behind where I wanted to be at this point, a day is all I'll need yet before the piece is finished. As it just so happens, this weekend I'll be taking a road trip up to Minnesota with Rachel (sis) and Noah (roomate). We're going up for the high school graduation (party?) for my brother Ben. I had hoped, since my client for this art project will be there as well, that I could bring the finished piece with me and deliver it in person....

...No such luck though. I've come within a day of that goal, but, have not reached it. Honestly, that has me a bit bummed out. But, I guess the good 'ole postal service will get my business, and I'll have to concede to the fact that time can't always be on my side.

So, that means, in about three and a half hours, we depart, via highway for Minnesota. It's a 5-6 hour drive, and I can't say I'm eager for this road trip itself, but, the family visit on the other end should be nice.... Even if I did just see them all last weekend, when they passed through Milwaukee, on thier way back from thier vacation. :)

Oh well, vacations are nice, and Christmas was the last time I went anywhere. I'm looking forward to the diversion from the norm awaiting me at the end of this 300-mile trip, even if goals were just barely missed, and I've just seen my family. I'll enjoy the opportunity..... and then I'll be all reved up to return on Sunday night and be creative again!

So, I'll catch you all when I get back. Have a blessed weekend.

Your happily blogging artist friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)