Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Tuesday, June 10, 2003


"Monday: That OTHER Art Bug."


Monday I woke up, and it had finally happened, I had the artist's equivalent of "Writer's Block." I had some brainstorming that I planned to do, but, for the life of me, I couldn't come up with anything new, no matter how hard I was trying. I rarely freeze up on ideas like that, but, unfortunately, with a little bit of poor timing, Monday was one of those rare days.

So, with my creative 'mojo' apparently not working properly, I applied myself to other tasks, and thankfully, was still able to stay productive. However, I am now a day behind where I wanted to be. I got caught up on Sunday from being a day behind where I wanted to be last week.... and then, as of the end of Monday, I'm right back where I started. Bah. I guess you can't really plan for these sort of things. They just happen. I expect, with a good night's sleep tonight, and the start of a fresh new day tomarrow, I'll have my creative juices flowing again. I'm pretty confident of that.

With the lack of my full creative capacities, I ended up taking care of a few other things, some notable, some just extraneous. Here's some of the more notable, or interesting, of Monday's tasks:

The big news is, I have added some new items to my store. I have also updated it with more recommendations. Of greatest note, however, is my first 'official' art print, "Cabin by the Lake" ,now featured there. The title kind of speaks for itself really. It's a beautiful pastel print, and, one of my lesser-known works of art. I'll be adding more in the next few weeks. Enjoy... (Oh, and it's available in a number of sizes too!)

I found out another very exciting peice of news today. Potpourri, with over 1,000,000 subscribers to its product catalog, plans to carry "Afternoon Hideaway" in its Christmas 2003 catalog. That's my most recent commissioned piece. Pretty cool. The really wonderful part about it though is, that's a heck of a lot of exposure for my work!

On another interesting note, according to Blogshares, a fantasy stock market simulator for weblogs, this weblog (Jon Baas: Daily Musings) is worth $0.32 cents a share in it's first day on the market.... Wanna help me raise the fantasy price a bit? :)

And, lastly, I have some items on Ebay. If you're interested in some rare Star Trek CCG cards, stop on by. :)

Well, have a blessed Tuesday, and until the marrow,

Your happily blogging friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)