Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Sunday, June 29, 2003


"Mr. 3000, Minus 1."


Wow, where have the past few days gone? Honestly, I have no clue. They were here one minute, and then gone the next! .... I guess that's just what happens when you don't pay much attention to the clock. :)

Since I last wrote on Wednesday, not a lot seems to have happened. I've been, as always, working on a wide array of projects, both for clients and for myself, and, of course, enjoying my temporarily self-employed status. It does seem though, that beyond the current smaller projects I am still working on, things have slowed down in that department a bit. Odds are, it'll be a little while before anything big comes my way again.

I think, though, my next project in terms of art, will be to see if I can start selling some prints of my own, on my own. That might be a fun little project. I've got quality work. The trick will just be in seeing if I can interest anyone in picking any of it up. We'll have to see how that works out though, and who knows how far I'll really go with it. If anything, at least it'll be a fun experience in marketing, right? ... [grin].

The big news though lately, coming from my end, is my involvement in the 2004 Hollywood film, "Mr. 3000" filming here at Miller Park in Milwaukee this July. Tomarrow (Monday, June 30) is day one of eleven on the set for me. To say I'm excited to be back on a Hollywood set again is an understatement. My role is a non-speaking/ extra role, but judging by the fact that they want me on the books for about 135 hours (11 days), I really can't complain! It'll be loads of fun, and, it'll pay the bills for a while. Can't argue with a win-win situation!

So, since I have to be on-set at 6 am tomarrow morning, that means no late night for me. It means, rest, and preparation for 12 hours of playing pretend. Twelve hours of pretend mixed in with lots of downtime. I think I'll make sure to take my sketchbook and a good book. :)

I know what work like this entails. It'll be interesting to meet those new to it. I'm sure I'll hear a lot of "I'm bored'. (There's a lot of downtime when filming a movie). Strangely I'm kind of looking forward to that. It could be amusing. I'm also looking forward to meeting others interested in this film. I enjoy meeting new people, and what better place to meet them than doing something you enjoy. I doubt I'll have much of a chance to chat it up with Mr. Bernie Mac though, but hey, seeing him play baseball should be a thrill. :)

Well, take care, all, and I'll be sure to write a little about day one sometime on Tuesday.

Take care, and God bless!

Your happily blogging friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)