Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Tuesday, June 17, 2003


"A New Job: Accepting the Dramatic."


Back on Saturday, June 7, I had auditioned to be an extra in the upcoming film, "Mr. 3000", slated to film here in Milwaukee this summer. This afternoon, I was called by one of the casting agents and told that I had been hired to be one of those extras. So, starting on June 30, and going throughout the month of July, I'll be filming at Miller Park. I'm slated to work at least eleven full days on the set.

In many ways, this is an unexpected blessing. Right now, my freelance art projects are slowing down or being completed. There is certainly talk of more projects down the pike, but not a lot more to pay the bills at the present time. So, lately, I've had to start thinking about re-submitting my resume around Milwaukee, and looking for more work. I'll be honest, though, that's definitely not a task that I'm all that eager for, especially considering my lack of luck in previous months.

But then, unexpectedly, the casting call comes in this afternoon, and my concerns are allowed to mellow a bit. I'll be paid to keep doing something I love immensely! I'll be on the set again, working among creative people in the Hollywood film industry. And, I'll be back in the swing of professional acting again! This time, though, I'm going to keep my eyes and ears open for contacts. Afterall, who knows what could come of this opportunity. It won't lead to big bucks, but, you know me, optimism is usually not a foreign term in my vocabulary!

God certainly works in mysterious and often unexpected ways! I've been given a new job for the next month or so, and, in thanks, I'm going to enjoy it to the fullest. I am going make the best of a rare opportunity!

I'm sure you'll be hearing more about my experiences on set again. I'll write what I'm allowed to as it happens, but for now here's hoping for a fun month of July!

Have a blessed day, and I'll write again later.

Your happily blogging actor friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)