Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Sunday, July 13, 2003


"Less the role, and more the less."


Well, the decision is final, and though it disappoints me some that it must be this way, I have voluntarily given up my role in the independant film, "Bound to Come Around" ("BTCA"), for reasons of time conflict. In exchange, I opt for the surer thing with "Mr. 3000", and two days of additional filming on Monday and Tuesday....

What this means is that I must remove my small unpaid role in "BTCA" from my resume (since I have not yet done any work for it), and I stick with the remaining thirteen days in "Mr. 3000", for which I am paid. It's a bummer really, but such is the way of things sometimes. Unfortunately, my filming dates just became an issue of conflicting opportunities, in what was a wonderful project drawn out a little too long in the making.

Chalk it up to experience I suppose. I just gotta go with the better deal.

I do feel bad though, not only for myself losing a small, but interesting speaking role in a film I was strongly dedicated to, but also for those in the production end of "BTCA".... It's been a long drawn-out, and sometimes trying learning experience for them all. I think they pulled through though. They deserve a heck of a lot more credit than one might think!

The good thing is, I've heard filming for them is supposed to wrap by the end of next week. That means the biggest challenge comes to a close. The end is in sight, and a quaint romantic comedy grows all the more close. I look forward to seeing the final product!

As for me now though, as much as I may hate to sign off this early in the evening, my ticket is up for tomarrow. I have a 7am call time for "Mr. 3000" filming, and then a full twelve hour day on the set. Long and slow, but still proven to be an immense opportunity for fun!

So, off to bed I must go. I'll be back online tomarrow evening though, and I'll be sure to write all about day two of my filming in a major Hollywood film!

Have a blessed evening, and a joyous start to the new week!

Your happily blogging actor friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)