Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Tuesday, August 05, 2003


"Back to the Norm"


Well, it's Tuesday morning already, and I'm up and wide awake. I'm not usually up this early in the morning unless I've stayed up all night. Last night I didn't. I actually went to bed at about midnight.

My guess is that my internal clock is still a little off. Spending all my waking hours out at Miller Park probably became more habit than I thought. It may take me a couple more days to get back onto a regular schedule again. But hey, if anything, I can nap in the afternoon if need be. Especially since I am still self-employed/unemployed, and work my own hours.

The weekend wasn't really all that exciting. After Jessica, Dave, and myself went out for breakfast Friday morning (after our last night on the set of "Mr. 3000"), I ended up not going to bed. Instead I ran a number of errands that had been put off due to filming. Nothing too special. I did get a nap in the early evening though, so I guess all was well.

After the nap, I ended up catching a few episodes of the "Bernie Mac Show" on tv. I was especially interested since I had been working with Bernie Mac on "Mr. 3000". And you know, I really enjoyed the show. It was both entertaining, and family-oriented. I liked that. I may even become a fan, who knows.

On Saturday, the only notable event of the day was the DVD I watched in the evening. Since our (free) cable has been unexpectely, and probably unknowingly disconnected, we're temporarily back to 'antenna programming'. As a result, we only pick up maybe 5 stations, and not all that clear at that. Both Noah (roomate) and I have been watching a lot of DVD's and videos as a result. In the evening I popped in "Sliding Doors" staring Gweneth Paltrow. It was an enjoyable romantic story of divergant realities resulting from a single event playing out two different ways. Very enjoyable. I recommend it.

Sunday, my friend Scott called up and invited me to go pick some cherries with him. His aunt has a cherry tree in her yard, though rarely makes use of it. She invited Scott to feel free and pick some. His grandmother, whom Scott lives with, wanted to make a cherry pie, so he agreed to get her some. I went along and brought back a bowl of the delicious red fruit myself. Good stuff.... There's just something about freshly picked fruits and vegetables, that most people these days don't take the opportunity to enjoy. It's shame actually.... picking the cherries was fun. :)

After acquiring the cherries we wanted, Scott and I returned to Milwaukee and stopped in a used book store. While there, I decided to splurge (something I have not done in a while) and picked up a new computer game for $10 -- "Superpower." Unfortunately, I stayed up a little to late into the night playing it. Oh well, so much for trying to get back on a regular sleep schedule. The game was very enjoyable though.... [grin].

Not much to note from Monday. I spent much of the day working on various projects in my apartment, then went to bed by midnight. I did add a new feature section to my website though:

"Fifteen Days in Hollywood" is a collection of all of my journals regarding my time spent on the set of Mr. 3000. All of them are organized nicely for easy reading from the begining. Feel free to take a gander. Surprisingly my weblog has been gaining a lot of attention becasue of those fifteen journal entries. Feel free to join the hype. :)

Alas, however, it's now Tuesday, and I must return to my projects for the day. I'll catch you all later on though.

Have a blessed day, and until then,

Your happily blogging friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)