Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Thursday, August 21, 2003


"Blech... It's a warm one."


Earlier this afternoon I returned from a trip outside, and man, it's pretty warm out there -- mid-90's actually. I had to run a few errands, including some library work on campus, and walking was my mode of transportation.

I, of course, took my trusty water bottle full of ice water with me, but by the time I arrived at my destination, the water was already warm. .... I can definitely agree though, water is indeed much more enjoyable to drink when it is cold. When it's warm.... well, not so enjoyable (unless, of course, it's tea in wintertime).

I arrived on campus to find things abuzz. School is starting again, and come Monday, everyone will be back in class. Not me though. I'm an alum. I'm educated; a professional -- and making the big bucks. ... Yeah, I wish. The "educated, professional" part, sure, but the big bucks, well, I have yet to see those! .... [grin].

On my way home again, and before leaving campus, I decided to stop up in the technology office and say hi to my friend Scott (a fellow alum). He was lucky enough to assume the job his sister had until midway through the summer when she traveled out-of-state on vacation. However, aside from filling in for his sister while she was gone, he too is unemployed. He's happy for the summer paycheck though, even if it was only for a month and a half. Unfortunately, with school starting again and students back on campus to fill all the jobs, tomarrow (Friday) is his last day.

When I ran into him, he was on his way to lunch. So, I decided to join him to chat, happy to remain indoors and enjoy the air-conditioned campus center environment, now brimming with college students. It brought back memories for me though -- memories of my four August months preparing for another year of collegiate study. .... Ah, even now I kind of miss it all. .... It seems so long ago that I was still in college, but, in reality, it's only been a year and a half. .... [sigh].

After lunch, Scott returned to an afternoon of helping solve tech problems for those moving into the residence halls, and I returned home, accompanying another friend (and college student) who lives along the way. Again it was a warm walk back, but this time I had a friend to chat with, thus taking my mind off the warm humidity. When I returned home, the cool shower felt good. Luckily, last weekend, my roomate, Noah, and I had finally decided to take the air-conditioning unit out of storage, and install it. On a day like today, there's nothing better than returning from a muggy twenty-minute walk, and being blasted with cold air when you enter the front door!

....Ahhhhh.... Thank God for the intelligence of the guy who invented air-conditioning! Sir, you are much appreciated!

So now I sit here quite comfortable, while just beyond the wall next to me, the sun bakes the neighborhood. Man, I really am spoiled aren't I. .... [grin].

Well, it's back to work for me. I must continue my nearly-completed art projects, and reap the paychecks pending their completion. If I make good progress, perhaps I'll watch another film tonight, courtesy of my campus library.... "Glory" sounds pretty good!

Well, I'll catch you all later. Until then,

Your happily blogging actor friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)