Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Monday, August 18, 2003


"Film: Bound to Come Around - Trailer Online."


As some of you may know, back nearly a year ago, I was originally cast in a small supporting role in the independant film, "Bound to Come Around" (a romantic comedy), shot mostly around here in the Milwaukee area. Dick, as my character was then named, was the car mechanic friend of one of the other major characters in the script....

Unfortunately though, despite being all hyped up to participate, and waiting nearly a year to be actively involved, I was then cast in the Bernie Mac film, "Mr. 3000", which happened to be a paying gig. When the day came that I was called and asked to film my scenes for "Bound to Come Around", I was already previously engaged in the Mac film. Since I was unable to work it that I be at both shoots at the same time, I had to sadly bow out of "BTCA".

Thankfully though, I knew the production staff and they understood my dilemma. As it just so happened, my role as Dick was small enough that a backup actor could be plugged in without too much trouble. As far as I know, filming went off without further trouble, and, shortly after, the film wrapped production. Currently it's in post-production and on the editing table.

Though no longer a member of the cast, I thankfully do still get to be involved, and it's due to my art training. Officially, with the completion of a few in-works creative projects for the film, I am now credited as the Visual Effects Artist, which, in itself, I think is a really cool job to have! But then again, as an artist, I am probably a little biased. I just hope my artistic contibutions work out as well as planned.

Of course, now that all the footage has been shot, enough actually exists of the film for a promotional trailer. If you're interested in getting a taste of the story, feel free to give it a watch. And, of course, you are certainly more than welcome to leave any comments. I'll be sure to pass them along to the director. :)

Theatrical Trailer: "Bound to Come Around"

Enjoy, and have a blessed Monday everyone. Until later,

Your happily blogging actor friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)