Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Saturday, August 16, 2003


"Friday: Movie = Pirates!"


In the afternoon on Friday, I happened to catch Jessica online at work, and through the course of short emails of correspondence, it was decided that we would go see a movie. She worked until 3:30 pm, so a matinee of "Pirates of the Caribbean" was the film of choice.

Both she and Dave had given high reviews of the film, and I had not yet seen it, so, we went. My review?.... Go see it! It's an excellent flick, and well worth the ticket price! I can now fully agree with Jessica and Dave.... Very entertaining!.... Very involved.... Edge of your seat sometimes.... A captivating adventure story set on the high seas and involving a deep-rooted pirate curse.... Oh, and see if you agree with me, Johnny Depp's portrayal of Captain Jack Sparrow is highly enjoyable -- HIGHLY enjoyable! Without a doubt, my favorite character!

If you haven't seen the film yet, go see it. If you like pirate adventures, this one certainly lives up to the category. And I must say, some of the special effects are very well-done as well! Two thumbs up all around!

After the film, Jessica and I walked the mall a few times, chatting. ... We indeed have a lot in common. Most intruiging is the fact that she too grew up a small-town kid! Alright! Way to go! I always love meeting fellow small-town folk. There's just a certain kinship among those of us raised near the corn and the cows -- a kinship that never really disappears, even if you've lived in the big city since then. :)

After an excellent movie, enjoyable companionship, and a fun little evening, we parted ways for our respective apartments. The suggestion was mutual.... We'll have to do stuff like that again sometime. :)

Well, t'was a good Friday! Let's see what comes of Saturday!

Have a blessed weekend all.

Your happily blogging friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)