Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Sunday, August 10, 2003


"Sunday Rehearsal: Happily married .... for three weeks."


Today was a typical Sunday for the most part.

In the evening, however, was the second rehearsal for my play, "Second Honeymoon." -- Fun stuff! And I do always enjoy the rehearsal process! .... But, the biggest challenge, however, is that I will have to significantly outdo myself in terms of any acting I've preciously done.

"Why," you might ask?

Well, see, my character, Herb (35 y/o), though happily and lovingly married to his wife Gladys for twelve years, is still a guy, and, as such, is still quite interested in 'enjoying' his second honeymoon with his wife. ... [wink, wink]. ... (Yes, for those of you not catching my drift.... I am referring to sex.)....

.... Of course, being 'unattached' and single in real life, as well as quite happily a virgin, does present for me a bit of a quandry. It makes my task of connecting with the character all the more interesting, especially considering my tendancy to oftentimes resist baring that much of my heart and soul on-stage. There is certainly nothing racy about this particular play, don't get me wrong, but the truth still remains.... I have never been married to anyone -- let alone for 12 years! ... And my one real dating relationship, well, it lacked a certain reality to it....

...So, needless-to-say, I suppose I will have some interesting character research ahead of me, and, certain things will have to be .... creatively left to the imagination! :)

But even with this interesting challenge, I do find myself, once again, enjoying the process of becoming someone else. Perhaps that too is why I am enjoying the realization that the character of Herb is much more of a stretch for me than I originally thought. .... As an actor, though I suppose my truthful response to the challenge would have to be simple, "Alright then, bring it on!" :)

Ha! Anyway.... Alright, musings conluded. Carry on. ... [chuckle].

Your happily musing actor friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)