Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Wednesday, August 06, 2003


"Tuesday's Musings: Interesting People."


My part of town has been bustling these past few days. The Wisconsin State Fair is in town.

I won't be going this year, but it is interesting to see so much life in my neighborhood. Pretty much every company or building that has a parking lot puts out the ole "Parking $5" signs. It 's kind of funny actually, but I suppose a clever money-maker.

...Hmmm... yeah, I want a parking lot! ... [sarcastic whimper]

But yeah, anyway [lol], a lot of people in my neighborhood for the next few days. Kids, flatteringly dressed young women (what, is the Fair a popular guy hotspot?!), lots of families, people who have taken the day off from work, and lots and lots of cars parking the lots and streets full.... Ha, yeah, if I were to go to the State Fair, parking wouldn't be an issue. Yet, I'm not all that interested in going. I must be odd. I guess, though, I just prefer the smaller county fairs. Less people, and more of a country appeal.

Today I traversed the busy pedestrian streets for a meeting with a fellow WLC alum who works for a financial planning company. He wanted to inform me about the company he works for. He's a nice guy, and gave a very intruiging presentation. I'll be honest though, I'm not really in need of a professional financial planner myself, I'm already pretty common-sense about stuff like that, but I figured I'd give him a hand with his networking. And who knows, I may actually know of a few people who might enjoy chatting with him, so task achieved, right. :)

I agreed with one of the statements he said though, "Businesses grow more effectively through networking and referrals." We're all so set in the business world, of utilizing the most up-to-date methods of advertising, that sometimes the 'old-fashioned' ways are ignored for the 'coolest thing everyone else is doing.' I'm a bit of an old-fashioned guy. Networking works for me!

Well, off to other things this morning. Until later,

Your happily blogging friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)