Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Saturday, September 27, 2003


"And the Cold is Upon Us"


Yes, fall is here, and so are the beginings of the cold weather.

I actually took the time today to install the storm screens on my bedroom windows. It's a bit warmer in here now that the chilly air outdoors cannot get in and the warmth indoors cannot get out, but it's the start of a sad thought. It'll be winter soon and the white stuff will fall. The warm breezy days of summer are all but behind us, and the chill of the colder months are creeping closer. .... Welcome, old man winter. Come on in. Sit down. Make yourself comfortable. I can't stop you.

I did discover something though that I didn't realize during the winter months last year.... One of my bedroom window frames is not level in the wall, and dips slightly at one end. As a result, the window itself is not set totally straight in the wall. If I don't pay close attention to the problem, the colder air can find it's way into the room through the uneven top of the window. I guess that would explain my frustrations last year in combating a bedroom that was consistantly colder than the rest of the apartment. I suppose, though, I'm better prepared this year. Hopefully a cold bedroom won't be so much of an issue.

With Fall upon us, I've already broken out the warmer attire. Sweat pants replace shorts when I'm lounging around my apartment, and, occassionally a sweatshirt joins them. My jacket came out of it's comfortable hanger in the closet, and, pretty soon I may consider breaking out the gloves and warm winter cap. Yeah, old man winter is just around the corner, and there's not a lot we can do about that.

There are probably a few relatively warm days still waiting before the snow flies, but everyone is gearing up for the chill. Television commercials feature attractive warm weather clothing... fast food commercials are just starting to bill their food as a way to warm up, and car dealers are making a drive to clear out their summer models and bring in the winter SUV's and heavy-duty pickup trucks.

See, that's the thing about the Upper Eastern-Midwest USA. We get severe changes in climate , while areas near California and the Southwest complain that sixty degrees (F) is cold. Bah. Sometimes I'm proud to have been born and raised where I have been. I come from a tough breed. We may not like the cold all the time, but, we certainly know how to deal with it.

I've actually heard predictions that it may be an unusually cold winter this year. That may be true, it may not be. Old Man Winter will come, it's just a matter of when at this point. And It never hurts to be prepared.

Stay warm all, and enjoy autumn while it's still here. Then, find a good hole and hibernate for a few months. :)

Until next time,

Your happily blogging friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)