Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Friday, September 19, 2003


"Busy-ness = Blog Absence"


Well, I've missed a few days posting here. I guess you could say I've been pretty busy. But, productivity has been high and I'm planning to take it a little easier now, so I'm back again. :)

Lately, I've had my mind on designs for two corporate logos, and two commissioned pieces of art. One of those artworks is completed and on it's way to the client. It'll probably be in their catalog sometime soon. The other I'll be starting to draw on paper tomarrow. One of the two logos has been decided upon, and the other is pending and should be completed shortly. It's a lot of work. Fun stuff, but it keeps me busy. .... I like keeping busy though.

Now that I have a few more hours to look at other things, I can reflect a bit. There really isn't all that much new going on in my little corner of the world though -- at least beyond the artwork:

I turned down the retail job offer from Suncoast. I just wasn't able to justify working at a 10 hour/week job for just barely $6/hour. By the time I would have taken out taxes and the costs of transportation, I'd likely only be bringing home just about $30 per week. That really wouldn't have helped me much toward my goals. It would have been an interesting job, but probably only at a higher offer.

So, needless-to-say, I continue to look on the non-art employment end of things.... But NOT so much at retail anymore. They don't seem to be presenting enticing job offers. That means it's time to dust off that 'ole resume again.

Oh well. What will be, will be.

Oh, on a slightly more interesting note, I've been able to squeeze in a few hours here and there to watch more of the Babylon 5 series on DVD lately. I'm almost through the first season. Ironically, my interest in the series only grows as I watch more and more of the episodes.... I did notice something very interesting though. For those of you who are Star Trek fans out there, did you realize how many guest actors on that series also later showed up in the various Star Trek series'? Yep. Quite a few. Being a well-versed Star Trek fan myself, I found that fact quite amusing. No wonder I enjoy both television series.... They have a lot more in common than I thought!

Hmm, .... what else?

Oh, yeah, ...The weather. Here in the Milwaukee area, it's getting colder outside -- evidence that fall and winter are indeed upon us. I'm actually opting to wear sweats around the apartment now. Shorts are out, jacket is in. .... And just when I was enjoying the warm weather too. Oh well. Seasons change quite drastically here in the upper midwest. I'm used to it. Time to think about seeing the city covered in the cold white stuff pretty soon.

Ah, but we still have a few more weeks of the green and brown. All the more reason to enjoy the outdoors while it's still above sixty degrees. Maybe tomarrow I'll get outside just for the heck of it. We'll see.

But, it's not Saturday yet... still Friday evening -- too cold and late. We'll have to see what the weekend brings tomarrow. :)

Take care all, and have a blessed weekend. Until next time,

Your happily blogging friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)