Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Saturday, September 13, 2003


"An Evening Up North"


Friday, I returned from an overnight up north visiting my friend Scott. It was, as always, a nice opportunity. We met in college and have become best friends since then. However, since graduation, he lives with his grandmother in a small town 50 miles north of Milwaukee, while I live here IN Milwaukee. Getting together and hanging out is a lot more of a challenge these days.

But, despite the distance, getting together, when we can (other than online), is enjoyable.

Thursday night, we actually ended up voice chatting with his friend (possible future significant other) for a few hours. Granted Scott and I did most of the talking/witicizing, while she listened on the other end of the connection. She seemed to find our conversing amusing, and, when she was an active part of the conversation, she seemed to be a very friendly conversationalist herself. Nice person. And a very enjoyable way to spend a few hours ... (even if Scott and I were doing most of the talking).

Later in the evening, after we signed off from the chat, Scott and I watched "The Rookie" -- the most recent film I've purchased. He was interested in seeing it, and actually liked it. ...(For those of you unfamiliar with the plot, it's about pursuing your dreams in life, and set in the world of a high school baseball coach in the baseball deprived Texas countryside.).... Great film. It's definitely reached my list of favorites, and it was nice to see someone else enjoy it as much as I did.

Still not too tired after "The Rookie" ended, Scott and I decided to watch another film. This time, "Most Wanted" -- a typical adventure/action flick -- was the film of choice. Though enjoyable and entertaining to watch, personally, it wasn't as good as "The Rookie". But, then again, I am usually somewhat biased towards good movies categorized as favorites.

We tried to watch a third movie, but the call of sleep upon us had become too strong, so we each retired for the morning. When we awoke on Friday a few hours later, Scott returned me to Milwaukee; He also had some errands to run down here. He was a little disappointed that I elected not to return up north with him, but I was strangely still tired, and had a few things to do. I just wanted to go to sleep.

....Ironically, when I did crawl into bed, I didn't end up sleeping for long. Ha. Just my luck.

But, all-in-all, it was an enjoyable diversion from the Big City, and a rare opportunity spent with a great friend. Afterall, such diversions just have to be tossed into a busy schedule from time to time. It is kind of funny to note though, that otherwise, visiting Scott has been my only real social life lately....

Man, I gotta get out more.

Your somewhat peculiar blogging friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)