Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Thursday, September 11, 2003


"Productive Wednesday."


Yep. Wednesday turned out to be a rather productive and interesting day....

First off, I finally completed and sent the files for the latest art project I've been working on. The requested reworking only took about 30 hours, but it's done, and looking pretty good. I'm waiting on final approval, and then, when it comes, in a few weeks the print will be available online. It will also be etched in glass, and if I do say so myself, it should be a rather attractive etch. I'll see about linking a sample of the image after I get final approval on the project.

My second bit of news is an interesting little story. Wednesday my sister and I spent the afternoon out at the mall. It was an excellent opportunity for two siblings to enjoy each other's company, but there was also another reason for the excursion. She'd been out there earlier in the week while looking for a part-time job herself, and applied at a local Suncoast (video / DVD store). She got an interview shortly after.

She also passed along the information that this particular store was still hiring and that it might be a wonderful place for me to look into as well, considering my knowledge and love of good movies. So I did. I am in the market for a job. Granted I'm hoping for something more involved than just a part-time sales job, but I guess in the present economy, I can't be too picky.

So, I dropped off my application yesterday, and even before I returned home the manager had called and left a message on my machine that he'd like to interview me. He's out of the office until Friday, but I'll give him a call when he's in, and we'll see what goes from there. I'll pursue it, and if I get the job, keep it until I come across something greater.

So, all-in-all, it ended up being a pretty good Wednesday. Definitely worthy of being called a productive day. In the evening I enjoyed the season premieres of Star Trek: Enterprise and Jake 2.0, and then got a restful night's sleep. .... Definitely a productive and enjoyable day. Something to keep my spirits up as well!

But, tis Thursday now. Time to work on a few other things before spending a night visiting Scott up north.

Have a blessed day all, and until Friday,

Your happily blogging friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)