Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Wednesday, October 08, 2003


"Lady Bugs and Colored Leaves"


You know, autumn is often an underrated season. How often do most of us just take the time to take in it's beauty?

I went for a walk on Monday and everything was green, the leaves were attached to the branches, and there was a chill in the air. I went for a walk today, and those greens are now various shades of orange, red, yellow, and hundreds of other similar colors. Leaves that were on the branches only two days ago are now begining to dot the lawns, hundreds of curious lady bugs are out in full force... and that chill.... well it was hiding for a while.

I was looking at comments I'd made in my blog only a few days before and I find that I stand corrected. I neglected to see the beauty that comes BEFORE that freeze of winter. I discovered that I too have neglected to take in the beauty and warmth of autumn before the white stuff flies. I was looking to far ahead without realizing... This is only the start of autumn, but before we know it, it will have zipped by and been forgotten. I saw winter,.... and forgot about the beauty that peeks out just before winter as if to say, "Old man winter, I can't keep you away, but I'm going to flood this world with so much color that your pristine white will have a lot to live up to!"

Yes, winter is upon us.... but the beauty of autumn comes first. Get out there and enjoy it! It won't last long, but while it does, 'The Great Artist' gets to show us a little of his own colorful canvas.... and it's a canvas not even the greatest artists in history can come close to matching.

Yes, I have a feeling I'll be taking quite a few more walks than usual in the next few days. And I think I'm going to enjoy every minute of them!

Have a blessed end of the week, and don't let the colors pass you by. Get out there and appreciate them!

Your happily blogging friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)