Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Tuesday, October 28, 2003


"Memento"


Late Monday evening, I watched the film "Memento" on DVD. My brief review is as follows. (Just an FYI though, it is written in a similar style and format as the film (aka, backwards)). .... Enjoy! .... [grin].

*******************

-Jon
Your happily blogging friend,

God bless, and have a wonderful Tuesday!

Enjoy, and, if you've seen the film, feel free to leave a comment. I'd love to hear what you thought!

Since I have the film for a few weeks yet, I'm sure I'll see it again. Although, seeing it twice no doubt removes that thrill of seeing it the first time. But hey, good films are meant to be enjoyed. And, you never know, I may catch something I missed the first time, even if I do know what's supposed to happen next. :)

It's a story riddled with unexpected plot twists, uncertainty over what is truth and what is lie, and the struggle this one man goes through as he tries to piece together his investigation, knowing that what he knew only a few minutes ago could be completely gone from his memory at any time. Riveting, and very engaging. I personally give it two thumbs up and recommend it to anyone interested in a good thinker movie. Go rent it if you get the chance, and enjoy this thoroughly creative venture into an excellent mind-bending film!

In a nutshell, the film follows the personal investigation of one man trying to track down his wife's killer. The kicker, however, is that he has recently suffered a major brain injury that inhibits his ability to form short-term memories since his accident. As a result, we, the audience, see what happens in this investigation from his point of view -- fragmented, and backwards.

As you may know (or may not, but may have already determined from this blog entry) the film is written and played out backwards. In other words, it starts at the end of the film, and ends at the begining. I didn't realize this when I sat down to watch the film, but, actually found myself very caught up in the story. Normally I wouldn't expect this of a film produced in such a unique format, but, I personally thought the director (Christopher Nolan), the cast, and the crew, pulled it off magnificently.

A few days back, I checked out the film "Memento" on DVD from my old campus library. I wasn't really sure what to expect, but I had heard intruiging things about it, and, knowing it starred Guy Pearce, an actor whose performances I am find of, I decided to give it a try.

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)