Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Wednesday, October 01, 2003


"Promotion Wednesday"


Well today kept me busy. I was promoting my artwork and weblog around the net. Fun task, yes, but quite tedious. I discovered a few things as I endeavored upon this project:

1. - I'm ranked a lot higher under certain word searches on Google than I had originally thought. (Sometimes even higher than one of my more established art clients!) :)

2. - A large majority of my celebrity fansite affiliate traffic comes from Maggie-Gyllenhaal.net, and Dakota-Fanning.org. Hmm. Not bad. And they're great sites to boot! :)

3. - It seems my artwork is a heck of a lot more marketable than I sometimes give myself credit for. My "Eagle". "Liberty", and "Triangles" pieces are already growing favorites. The only challenge is getting my work noticed by those who would have an interest in buying it. Ah, but success never comes easy, does it.

4. - My weblog is more widely read than I was originally aware. I'm actually noticing an upward spike trend in readership lately. It seems people really have an interest in my writing and experiences afterall! Who knew.

5. - The majority of people on the internet have something they want to sell. The only unfortunate thing is that they haven't got a clue how to do so effectively. Sad. So sad. Unfortunately, a poorly designed website isn't going to get them too far.

6. - There are a lot of really sucky websites by people who call themselves professional website designers. Like my new favorite, this one for example. Ouch! Painful. Very painful!

It's interesting what you learn when you spend a day in front of the computer. And just think, I get to do this again on Thursday. Oooh, I am so excited. No, really, I am! :)

Have a blessed Thursday all, and until next time,

Your happily blogging friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)