Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Saturday, October 04, 2003


"Saturday's Kids"


Saturday was actually a lot more fun than I thought it would be at first. I've signed up to help my sister teach her theatre for kids workshop for the next couple of Saturdays. It's been a while since I've worked that closely with so many kids (meaning, when I worked Daycare was the last real opportunity I took up). Surprisingly the kids were generally well-behaved, quite excited about the whole thing, and eager to participate. And that made it all the more fun for me.

There were actually 17 children there on Saturday, and presumably for the rest of the class sessions. Three boys, fourteen girls. Most of them were between the ages of 6-12, with two 8th grade girls thrown in. It was a nice group, and a friendly one at that.

Rachel (sis) had them go through a few theatrcial warm-up excercises, meet each other, and then she had them 'audition' for three short adapted plays -- fun takes on Cinderalla, Snow White, and Sleeping Beauty. By the end of the class, the plays were cast, and the children went home. I'm sure many of their parents got an excited earful, as happy children seem to have the capacity for. From the sounds of it, they'll be back and eager for another class this coming Saturday. Strangely, so will I! I'm glad Rachel asked me to help her out. I'm really enjoying it!

We'll see what this coming Saturday has to offer. Apparently we'll be blocking the plays with the kids. That should be an interesting experience. But then again, shouldn't that be the case with anything you do? :)

Have a blessed weekend, and until next time,

Your happily blogging friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)