Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Friday, October 24, 2003


"Sleeping Beauty"


Well, ok, I don't know about the beauty part, I guess that would be in the eye of the beholder.... but I just awoke not too long ago, and found that I had been sleeping for the past fourteen and a half hours! I went to bed at midnight last night, feeling tired, and awoke at 2:30pm this afternoon. Incidently, I am no longer tired. Hmm.

It was an entertaining and quite an amusing sleep however. The dreaming was pretty engaging....

I had visited a college campus much like my own alma mater. Only, for some religious festival, the college had hired a group of artists and contractors to completely cover the modern red brick facade with thick sheets of that pink constuction styrofoam. The artists had apparently carved a new facade into the styrofoam, painted it realistically, and when all the peices were in place, ended up giving the entire campus a new French gothic look that looked nothing like the original campus.

They had completely redesigned the interior and the exterior of every building (including adding a massive cathedral completely out of this durable styrofoam that had not been there before.). .... Then, when I was so in awe of the intricate job and was taking one of the lengthy guided tours throughout this newly designed campus, I couldn't find my digital camera, and, by the time I did, the contractors were already removing all the artistic work they had done, and returning the campus to it's original state.

Later, I caught a ride home (apparently to another state) with a friend, and kept insisting on stopping to pick up a [Sunday] newspaper, hoping there was an article and pictures of this redesigned campus inside. Afterall there had been literally thousands of people who showed up to tour this "installation art", and reporters were among them. Apparently I just HAD to have some pictures. Incidently, though, I didn't find that newspaper until somewhere during the next completely un-related dream....

Strange, yes, very much so,.... but definitely interesting. :)

Then, after that (and presumably a new story) I found myself 'babysitting' a cute intelligent little girl while on a trip around the world. Australia was nice, and later watching as the pilot later landed the small plane we were on -- in the mountains somewhere -- was riviting.... However, as seems to be the case in real life, children seem to like me for some reason. By the end of the story, this little girl and I had developed a strong sibling-like relationship..... I had grown to love her so much, I had even wanted to adopt her at one point. Unfortunately, following a tearful goodbye a little while later, the story conluded and presumably a new one began.

Again, rather strange, and a bit more dramatic than the first, but still an enjoyable story.

You know, I think my subcontious mind definitely has access to my creativity. Maybe it's an advantage of being a creative person in real life, I don't know, .... but my dreams always seem to reflect that ten-fold! Honestly, I've had countless dreams as intricately woven together as this, all very real. The stories and images have got to come from somewhere though, right? Perhaps maybe I should just be thankful, though, that my dreaming IS as entertaining, dramatic, or creative as it is. It probably proves that I'm still alive.

We go to see movies to be entertained. Our subcontious minds dream to be entertained.... Interesting analogy.

Oh well. I've already unexpectedly lost half my day to sleep. I suppose I'd better see what planned errands I can still get done today. At least the half day I did loose to sleep was entertaining. ... [grin].

Have blessed weekend, and until next time,

Your happily blogging creative friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)