Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Monday, October 13, 2003


"Time to get in gear."


Well, the weekend is over.... time to get myself in gear again and crank out some productivity.

Friday ended up being a bit of a 'ho-hum' day. Not a lot to report that is. I actually spent most of my afternoon sleeping, as fatigue and general tiredness seemed to be keeping me company. I had less time when I was awake to do much of anything. When evening came, I had to return to bed early, so that I could be up early Saturday to help my sister with her class.

Saturday started with that theatre for kids class. Once again it was a joy to be working with the young ones. There's something invigorating about that class. The children seem genuinely enthused, and very eager to perform. That, and maybe I just have a hidden soft spot for children. .... [chuckle].

After the class, I ended up taking care of a few minor projects around my apartment.... and then went back to bed. It had not been as productive a day as I had hoped, and unfortunately, I didn't get through all of my to-do list. Maybe Sunday, right?

Well, unfortunately, Sunday also ended up avoiding most of the to-do list. Instead I found myself answering a few emails, and immersing myself in an enjoyable computer baseball game -- Baseball Mogul. I was unable to take my team to a World Series Title, but the hey, I am building a potent collection of young rookie talent. ....

By Sunday evening, I had let a little more dust collect over the major projects I had hoped to complete.

Now, it's Monday afternoon, and I'm forcing myself to get in gear. Afterall, as the old saying goes, "If a man will not work, he will not eat." Unfortunately, at the moment, that seems to be quite a true statement. With freelance work slowing down quite a bit, I'm going to have to hit the streets and send out a whole new batch of resumes. One must make a living, and I am once again struggling to determine how that will be done.

But alas, I suppose I should dust off that to-do list. It must be done. I'll catch you all again soon, and until then, have a blessed start to a new week.

Your happily blogging friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)