Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Monday, October 20, 2003


"Wow, is that my fan club!"


Thanks to my referrer logs, I happened upon Beth's weblog today....

But first, for those of you that remember day thirteen of my fifteen days on the set of "Mr. 3000" , a little backstory might be in order.... Here's an excerpt from that day in my journal:
______________________________

"After dinner, more [camera] shots on the field, however, here's where the most interesting part of the night played out. ...At one point, a few hours before we would likely wrap for the morning, I was sitting, chatting with Jessica and Dave in the back row of one of the sections behind homeplate, during a little downtime. Times were good and the conversation interesting....

As I sat there chatting with my friends next to me, a tap came upon my shoulder. Curious who it was, I turned towards the aisle directly behind me to find a young woman wearing a typical tag identifying her as one of the film crew. She addressed me by name (I had not met her before), shook my hand, and introduced herself as one of the crew for "Mr. 3000". As it turned out, she was the 'Assistant to the Director', the director being Charles Stone!

Wow, such unexpected meetings! I was floored! She mentioned how she had read my weblog entries of my time spent working on "Mr. 3000" and how she really enjoyed them. She even noted her interest in eventually sharing my weblog entries with Charles Stone himself! How cool is that!

...To say I was thrilled to have a second crew member stop me (after probably tracking me down in a crowd of 1000+ extras), and compliment me on my weblog was really quite cool! What thrilled me even more was to hear that, though she had gotten the opportunity to work in her capacity on this film, she was not all that far different from myself.... just a determined young artist (screenwriter, in her case) working to pay the bills, and doing something she loved in the process. I thought that was cool....

After Heather(?) left, Jessica and Dave, seated next to me, seemed quite surprised and thoroughly excited at the brief conversation that had just transpired... However, it was the reactions of the row of seats in front of me that surprised me even more. Apparently they (6 or 7 fellow extras, perhaps early to mid twenties) had overheard much of the conversation. When I turned around to face the field again, they were all staring back, humorously in awe.

"So, how are YOU so famous!?" one of the girls asked, quite curiously.

I paused a moment, not sure how to explain my sudden notoriety, ...and proceeded to tell them of my filming journal on my weblog. They seemed excited to check it out. So, I guess I now have a 'fan club'! ... [shrug / chuckle]."
_____________________________

That said, back to Beth's weblog....

I came upon it today, and it turns out she is one of those girls that was in the row in front of me there in the stadium! Yep, she's one of my fellow "Mr. 3000" extras, and, one of the members of "my fan club"! .... Ha, small world isn't it! :)

I was unable to leave a message on her blog, so, I thought I'd say hi on mine. Besides, she seems like such a friendly (and witty) individual anyway, how can I not send a greeting her way! ... [grin].

If you're interested, you might want to stop by and give her a read, that is, if she doesn't mind the visitors. That, and she also has some talented and interesting friends... also well worth meeting! Enjoy, and, if you do find a way, feel free to say hi from me as well!

Have a blessed day everyone, and, until later,

Your happily blogging actor friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)