Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Thursday, November 13, 2003


"And so it goes...."


Well, it's now five and a half hours since my last post. In that time I've successfully applied for nine different resume jobs, signed up for and explored a freelance jobs listing site for a bit, yawned a few times, searched a number of different company sites seeking new employees, and probably read through at least sixty different job ads.

The highlight of all that though, I think, was one Graphics/ Copywriter job. They asked specifically for creative and humorous writers, and wanted that reflected in the resume and cover letter. So I wrote them a humorous short story instead of the standard cover letter. Either it worked or it didn't. We'll see if they call me. :)

I think it was a productive and successful few hours though. But it's not over yet. I have a few more listing sites I want to go through this morning, a few specific companies yet to look at, and, if I'm still awake around noon, a few places to call from the employment section of the newspaper.

I am determined to find a job that allows me to be creative! I'm definitely doing my part! .... Where are the people that can do something for me?! .... [raises eyebrow].

Well, off to grab a shower, and then back to the grindstone. I'll catch you all again on my next 'break'.

Your dedicated creatively job-seeking friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)