Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Sunday, November 23, 2003


"Sleep, Sleep, why dost thou torture me so?"


My nemesis lately has struck again. How someone can sleep for fifteen hours and not contiously realize it is beyond me. Yet, that's just what I did.

I actually went to bed Saturday evening at the reasonable hour of midnight. I wasn't so much tired as was just intent on going to bed earlier than usual lately. I didn't set my alarm because, lately, I've been pretty trusting of my uncontious ability to awaken after eight hours of sleep. I didn't think last night would be any different than that.

Unfortunately, though, the next thing I knew, I had awakened to the typical busy daytime sounds beyond my apartment walls. Curious, I rolled over in bed and glanced at my digital alarm clock. As if to taunt me, it boldly showed the time in bright red numbering -- 3:39 PM.

After rubbing my eyes a few times and gawking at the fact that I'd just slept for fifteen hours, I got up and tried to determine why I had slept that long. I recalled waking somewhat in the middle of the night to the soft sounds of rain pattering upon my window. Maybe those soothing sounds put me back to sleep when I should have considered getting up? The dreaming was entertaining. Maybe my subcontious mind was enjoying the theatrics playing mostly unbeknownst to me in my mind? Or, maybe I just needed the sleep somehow, despite a well-rested Friday morning? Who knows.

Ironically, though, the possibilities got more interesting after that. Even the science-fiction intruiged part of my mind decided to join the confused fun. For a brief moment it tossed the idea of a time warp into the mix. Although I shot that unrealistic explanation down rather fast, perhaps the witty side of my mind actually prefers that possibilty. How often can someone say they were the unwitting victim of a time warp? .... Besides, it's more fun to say than the "I slept 15 hours" explanation. And, as far as my chronological thinking mind goes, I did 'instantaneously' lose fifteen hours out of my Sunday.... [raises eyebrow]....

I haven't decided what the 'official' ruling will be yet. But, I do know who to blame in all this -- that annoying nemesis called "Sleep" sitting over in the corner there pointing at me and laughing. Ha! But I'll even the score someday soon.... and he won't even expect it! .... [evil grin].

Have a good Monday all. I'll write again sometime in the afternoon or evening.

Your happily blogging, always musing, and often witty, odd not-so-little friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)