Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Monday, December 08, 2003


"Elf & Clay Aiken"


Today Rachel had a day off from rehearsals and performances for Peter Pan, so she came down here to Milwaukee and invited me to see "Elf" (starring Will Ferrell) with her. If you haven't seen the film yet, go see it. It's hilarious, and Will Ferrell is great in the title role. If you have seen it, feel free to leave a comment below. I'd love to hear what you thought. :)

Second bit of news today. I noted a few days back a little about Clay Aiken, the runner-up in season two of American Idol on Fox.... Well, I missed the competition on television, but clips of his performance are available on ClaytonAiken.com. I spent a little time today -- after getting back from the movie -- going through them and catching up on what I missed. I could probably leave a very positive critique of Clay, however, I'll sum it up best in the words of one of the judges of the competition, "....I still can't figure out where that [great] voice is coming from! You don't look like a pop star, but you sure can sing like the best of them!"

...In short, this guy's got one heck of an awesome voice! And now that that voice has garnered him quite an audience, he's sticking to his guns and remaining himself -- quite humble too. If you haven't met Clay yet, feel free to watch some of the clips of his performances on American Idol II!

And, last bit of news... If you haven't done so already, feel free to read my review (below) of Peter Pan -- starring my sister. The show was ok; Her performance was surprising. Enjoy!

Until next time,

Your happily blogging friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)