Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Friday, December 12, 2003


"A Father's Sense of Humor and His Watchful Eye"


Ok, God certainly has a sense of humor. I state, here in my blog, not a day ago, that I was feeling a need for interaction and a longing for new friendships, and what does he do?.... He leads me to four new friends (online) -- and one of whom I have already met in person! And what's better yet, that friend whom I have met in person is just the kind of friend I was looking for!

It's funny, really. She found me. Out of the blue, earlier this week I recieved an email from Amy, saying hi, and that she'd love to chat sometime. Out of curiousity, I contacted her on instant message, and we've chatted a few times since, getting to know each other a bit. Of the four new friends she's the friend here in Milwaukee, and, as I am also in Milwaukee, she invited the opportunity for us to get together. I was hesitant at first (as I usually would be), but this evening she convinced me to take in dinner and a movie.... And I had a blast!

Dinner was at Panera Bread, which was an excellent choice (and incidently free for the both of us due to unexpected reasons.... How cool is that!). The conversation was very interesting (as always), the company very enjoyable, and the film -- "The Last Samuri" -- was a good one. In the end, it ended up being an all-around wonderful evening!

In short, though, I'm really liking Amy. And I'm thrilled to have met a new friend here in Milwaukee. Aside from Matt and Sara that live just a few blocks down, Jenn, and Jessica (Mr. 3000 extra) whom I sadly don't see very often, Amy has joined a very small category of friends that I know -- in person -- here in Milwaukee. I certainly hope we can build on that friendship. :)

Yeah, God has a sense of humor sometimes. But I'm glad he does, because it's that sense of humor, and His Unconditional Love that always reminds me in times like this, He's always watching out for me, and I have no reason to worry. If God is for me, who -- or what -- can be against me!

Have a blessed weekend all, and remember the little blessings in life. They're usually the ones that mean the most in the end. Sleep well. Until next time....

Your happily blogging friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)