Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Monday, December 01, 2003


"Job Hunt: Was That Strike Two?"


Well, today's news seems a little depressing. My second interview seems like it might not work out either. It's preferred that I have a car -- which I don't, and, the location of the company is not accessable by public transportation.

I called earlier today and had to cancel the interview. Tentatively, they were kind enough to offer to reschedule, but I really don't know yet how feasable this position is going to be for me. It is a marketing job -- not quite my full cup of tea -- but nothing I can't learn. The thing is though, with no car, like the other first company also requested, I would have a hard time fulfilling the job requirements.

Sure, I might find a way to take the bus to work everyday, but only to about a mile away at the closest stop. Somehow, walking a mile twice each day -- during the blustery winter months -- just doesn't excite me. And then, there would STILL be the issue of me not having a car.

So, unfortunately, I'm left squirming at the plate as I watch strike two slide right past me. No car, no bus, no job.

I still try to keep my hopes up though. Maybe I'll draw a walk. Either way, I think marketing jobs are moving out of the picture. Mostly becasue of necessity I suppose. But at least I tried. Somewhere out there, someone is looking for my combination of skills; I just haven't found that employer yet. And besides, life is a journey. Not every path is well-defined right? .... And what fun would a straight path with full visibility be anyway? :)

So the search continues.

I will have to say this though, I thank God for not only my skills and interests, but also for my ability to stretch a dollar and be thrifty. That has perhaps been the only way I have subsisted these past 4-8 weeks. When money is nil, and the fridge not too full, you find ways to make things work. The funny thing is, most people would go nuts in this situation, but me, ....I'm strangely calm and trusting. And yet things just barely work out.

Ok, maybe I really am well blessed.... just not in some of the areas that I'd like at the moment. :)

So, I guess that means the game isn't over yet. I'm still at bat, watching the wind-up, and awaiting the pitch. I can be patient, and I can certainly be persistant. I just hope this "At Bat" doesn't last forever. I guess we'll just have to see what Tuesday brings. :)

Have a blessed day, and until next time,

Your thankfully blogging friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)