Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Tuesday, December 30, 2003


"Recap: Christmas 2003"


Well, for me this Christmas was a joyous one. My sister and I made the 300 mile drive across the state of Wisconsin -- exactly one week ago -- in favorable weather conditions. Ironically, when we left Milwaukee on the 23rd of December, there was no snow. We saw very little throughout the drive, and arrived in Minneapolis to see everything covered in white. They've had snow this winter; Milwaukee has had hardly two inches. When we returned late last night to Milwaukee, we found that it hadn't snowed at all while we were gone. Go figure. I'm begining to think this will be yet another unusual winter around here. We'll have to see I guess.

My visit with family in Minneapolis was enjoyable. My sister, Becca, currently attending VMI (Virginia Militiary Institute) out on the east coast, was in town, as was my younger college brother Ben -- home from Buena Visita University in Iowa. Then, with Rachel and I up from Wisconsin, and those still living at home, the Holiday made for a full house again -- just like old days when we were all still young.

I think my parents really appreciated these opportunities too. As us six kids all grow up and move away, the house becomes quieter. They really seem to enjoy having us all around -- most of the time anyway. Christmas tends to be the best opportunity for that. Other times of the year, there's no guarrantee we'll all be home as we all have lives elsewhere about the country.

While I was home relaxing, I enjoyed getting in on a few board games, talked with my parents, enjoyed my mom's home cooking (which I really do miss the rest of the year), went to see The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (a purely breathtaking movie that had better win something at the Oscars!), hung out with my two younger brothers, and just enjoyed being in Minneapolis for a few days. I also ended up finding a few more paying art projects to work on, and was presented with some other ideas for future projects. So, all-in-all, it was a wonderful six day visit.

Now, though, I'm back in Milwaukee, and it's business as usual again. I've got more creative projects to work on, the ever-annoying search for a suitable secondary job, and the much appreciated simple life I've been living lately. Couple that with an upcoming stage acting gig, and some new resolutions to keep me busy this coming year, and I really can't complain. Life has been good to me. It may be challenging at times, but the truth is, I am richly blessed by my Heavenly Father. And, for that, I am eternally thankful.

So, the year 2003 now draws to a close and I look towards a new year -- A new year of goals, and a continued journey towards those passions that drive me closer to success. I think it'll be a fun 2004. And hey, feel free to join me right here as it happens! It should prove to be an exciting journey!

God Bless you and yours this New Years, and drive safely. I'll catch you again sometime Wednesday.

Your thankfully blogging friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)