Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Thursday, December 11, 2003


"Single White Male Seeks New Friends"


Lately, I've been longing for the chance to meet some new friends. You don't really see a lot of people when your work is solitary and there is little reason to get out much. I'm not a bar or club-hopping person, so meeting people that way just isn't going to happen, and there just isn't really a whole lot of substance to my present social life. So, I usually have little motivation to get out much other than personal errands and such.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I do have friends, but the tough thing about being a college graduate after four years of constant interaction among people my own age, is that all those friends have moved elsewhere in the country, gotten married, or we've just lost touch with each other. Even my friend Scott -- probably my best friend actually -- lives an hour away, and visiting isn't always and option.... rare at best. My friend Matt does live nearby (a few blocks actually), but he's married, has one daughter, and another little one on the way. My friend Dave lives in Chicago which makes getting together a little challenging.... and Jessica (fellow Mr. 3000 extra), well, she's often busy. I'd dearly love to get the opportunity to spend more time getting to know her, but for now, perhaps that will have to wait some.

So, that leaves me looking to expand my base of friends.

But, thankfully, there is Someone looking out for me, and He let's the blessings enter my life -- little by little sometimes, but just anough that I am never too much in want. Enter four new friends, each that I have met through aqaintences online -- Aly, Kitty, Amy, and Ed.

Aly (short of Alejandra) is a med student studying in Texas who has a bright charm about her and is a wonderful conversationalist. Kitty, as her screen name may imply, loves cats.... a lot! She has an interest in religious discussions and has an amusing wit about her. Amy, is a local Milwaukeean who is also a great conversationalist, and seems to have a lot of similar interests as I. Chatting with her is never dull. Ed.... well, Ed is a recent new member to join my online Star Trek PBeM game, and, though studying medicine as well, he and I seem to have hit it off well. We have a lot of common interests.... many stemming from a love of pets and science fiction.

So, four new friends.... Each is unique in his or her own way, and, for me, each is someone I am very interested in getting to know -- mostly through coorespondence online, of course, given the distance. But, the truth is, there is never really a shortage of wonderful people out there. The key, I guess, is just being willing to find them. And, like the title of this post says, I'm always game for meeting new friends! We'll see where these lead. .... [smile].

Well, until next time, this is me signing off. Have a blessed Friday.

Your happily blogging friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)