Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Thursday, January 08, 2004


"Back on-stage again!"


This evening I set foot on-stage again for a few acting auditions. Incidently, they were actually for my college's alumni theatre production, which had originally been cast way back in August 2003. However, due to unexpected reasons, the performance dates were pushed back until this coming February. So, these were the auditions to fill in the available roles after these past few months.

I was was happy to hear, though, that I didn't really need to re-audition and could keep my original cast role if I wanted. Of course I happily agreed. I had already put quite a bit of time into the character, the lines, and the staging, so it was nice not to have all that work be for naught. But, I attended the auditions anyway, mostly to discuss the promotional graphics work which I've been asked to do for the show, as well as read any male parts if necessary. In the end, it turned out to be a rather enjoyable hour or so. I'm glad I went!

I do miss the stage though. I really do. It hasn't been since "Mr. 3000" in summer that I've really done anything too theatrical. I've been busy with other things lately -- most notably my artwork -- and my acting aspirations have had to take a bit of a back seat. But, 2004 will hopefully be even more of a theatrical year for me than 2003 was. It's actually one of my New Years Resolutions -- "Do a LOT more acting". This one I'm pretty determined to keep!

We'll have to see exactly what kind of acting this year provides. So far it'll start off with an enjoyable college alumni show, then there's two months where something more could happen.... then "Mr. 3000" opens in mid April.... and then, well... then, the sky's the limit! This could definitely be a very good year! I'm seeing a lot of work ahead of me though, but it's fun work when it's something you enjoy. I'm already finding myself starting to get excited!.... And that's usually a good sign!

Here's to a successful year doing what I love though. Being creative! I've already got an awesome start on the art end of things.... Now it's time to build a reputation in acting. Fun times. Fun times indeed!

Well, I'm off for now. Take care and have a blessed Friday. I'll probably catch you all at some point during the day, but until then, be safe, and keep working at what you love. Find passion.

Your happily blogging friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)