Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Tuesday, January 06, 2004


"Let it snow, let it snow, let it...."


...Snow. Yep, the white stuff finally fell around here in Milwaukee, and this time it actually amounted to something notable, not just a dusting that disappeared by the morning. No, this time we got at least a full 6-8 inches. Enough that my shoveling skills were needed, and the sidewalk salt needed to be removed from it's storage shed.

In fact, since Monday morning when all the snow began to fall, I've actually shoveled my entire apartment lot three times. My back is still slightly sore, but hey, I don't really mind. It's a contract job with my landlord. I get paid, and I get to remember the good old days growing back home when shoveling was expected of us older siblings. The only downside is the cold, but then again, having grown up in the Upper Midwest, that too is just part of the game. :)

But, as my part of the country changes for a few months and new responsibilities, dangers, and daily adjustments come to the forefront, I do have to marvel at all this white outside. That's one of the advantages of living in this part of the country. It's a whole new beautiful world in wintertime. The leaves are gone, leaving stark jagged and bare tree branches; the green grass is buried under nearly a foot of frozen flaky water; and walking becomes perilous as sleek transparent ice covers the miles of concrete roads and sidewalks.... But, black and white are two colors that go together beautifully, and this time of the year, there's an abundance of that kind of beauty all around us!

Oh, sure, I miss the birds chirping, the green grass sprouting everywhere, and the warm breezy days, but truth be told, I love these seasonal changes too. It keeps things fresh and new. Just when you're too comfortable with one season, it changes into the next, and you have a whole new season to get used to for a few months. God has a marvelous way of working things. And his sense of beauty is far off the charts. But, then again, when you think about it, he designed the whole concept of beauty, so where's the real comparison anyway?

So, yes, the world is white, I have my snow shovel at the ready, and my gloves waiting to be worn. Winter -- in the truest sense -- is finally upon us. But, in my mind, it's a blessing, and I think this season I'm going to enjoy it more, and complain about it's struggles less. Afterall it'll only last a two more months or so, and then everything will be green again. That doesn't really leave a lot of time does it? :)

Enjoy the season, and I hope -- if you live in an environment like I do -- you are able to stay warm. Take a look out the window, enjoy the white wonderland, put on your warm flannel pj's, and settle in with a nice warm hot chocolate. Tis the season! .... Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

Your happily blogging friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)