Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Thursday, January 01, 2004


"New Years Eve 2003: Signs of Him"


So, last night was New Years Eve. But I'm a bum, I didn't really celebrate -- Well, ok, I did somewhat, but on my own. I was invited by my friend Jen to join her and some friends at a local bar to ring in the new year, but I'm not really all that fond of smokey bars.... or alcoholic beverages. So, in the end I opted for a raincheck. She and I will have to get together and do something else later on. I actually kind of miss the opportunity to get together with her. She's a good friend.

So, then, if I didn't go out with friends, how did I ring in the new year? Well, go figure.... I popped in the DVD "Signs" and watched that after the ball dropped in Times Square. Great movie! I've never taken the time to sit down and watch it before, but, I think it's going onto my list of favorites.

I was especially fond of the film's message -- "There are no coincidences. Everything is carefully crafted as part of God's plan and his watchful eye protecting us from the dangers life can toss at us." It was an excellent film. And, if you think about it -- based on that message -- it was actually the perfect film to watch on New Years Eve. We always need reminders that we are not alone, and what better time to be reminded of this than when we enter a new year!

Enjoy the transition from 2003 to 2004! If you're out and about, drive safe. And as the years turns over, remember, there is someone up there guarding you day by day. Live this new year in thanks to Him!

Your happily blogging friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)