Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Saturday, January 31, 2004


"Star Trek Saturday"


If there's one thing I'm a big geek over, it's Star Trek. I know the trivia... I know the characters, and I know the history. I grew up with it. It only seems natural that I would still be a big fan. So, as it turns out, my Saturday became a day for all things Star Trek.

Most of my day was eagerly actually spent taking care of website updates, story posts, and general maintenance for the online Star Trek PBeM roleplay that I gamemaster -- The USS Terra Nova.

But, then again, I suppose it probably makes sense. Creativity is my life. My acting talents go into the characters I play, while my artistic talents go into the site and sim details. It kept me busy, and today, launched me deep into the amusement that Star Trek has become for me.

Now, for those of you unfamiliar with the Terra Nova from previous notes, our little novel-style internet community has become a bit of a Star Trek series in it's own right. We have our own timeline (based off the painstakingly researched Star Trek universe). We have a unique setting focused on an unexplored area of space, a cast of some of the most unique characters a Star Trek series has ever had, a collection of intertwined species native to this area of space, and, a thorough -- relatively well-known -- website documenting all of it.

But, even though the environment itself sucked me in for most of the day, another segment of my day was spent searching and researching available Star Trek resources online. There are literally thousands, believe me! But, if you're a Star Trek fan, you may want to sit back and enjoy these. Below are some of my favorite resources, dug up during my immersion into fandom. Enjoy!:

BBC Online: Star Trek
A collection of video interviews with the actors who portrayed the characters within Star Trek lore. If you want a recommendation, I personally enjoyed the interviews with J G Hertzler, Klingon General Martok on the television series Deep Space 9.

Star Trek: Enterprise Timeline
One of the best timelines covering the entire Star Trek universe.

Klingon.org: Klingon Database
The world's largest and most popular Klingon database. Yes, anything, and everything for both the research of the Klingon race, to the connection Klingons have to present day fans. A must-visit site.

Bajoran Central Archives
Or, perhaps you prefer the Bajorans -- The dominant race of the Deep Space Nine series. Here is their comprehensive database. Also a worthy visit.

LCARSCom.Net: A Fan Site
An excellent Star Trek database of information. Focused with the fan in mind. If you ever wanted the feel of an authentic Star Trek control panel experience, this is the site. Turn on your speakers, and puruse the pages. (After a while though, you may wish to turn off the sound. The effects can get a little annoying... no matter how authentic.) Oh, and a recommendation.... I particularly enjoyed the collection of downloadable sounds and video.

Janet's Star Trek Voyager Site
I'm not really a fan of the design of this website, but, if you happen to be either a Voyager fan, or a Star Trek fan, this website is one of the best Star Trek databases on the internet. See for yourself.

Star Trek Voyager.... In the Mirror Universe
Three takes, by Star Trek fans, regarding what Voyager may have been like if we saw their Mirror Universe counterparts. Humorous, and witty. A fun read.

StarTrek.com: The Official Website
And, of course, no Star Trek resource collection would be complete without the official website.

And, of course, if these eight sites aren't enough, just do a websearch for "Star Trek". But, I must warn you, be prepared for hours of amusement! Star Trek is more than just a cult favorite. Happy hunting!

Your always amused, happily blogging friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)