Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Thursday, February 12, 2004


"Feeling Connected"


There's nothing more satisfying for an actor than reaching that point when a role feels connected and real. It's a point where the actor is so into the performance that it no longer feels acted, but as if it were a genuine extension of himself. It's the point where the scene seems as real as everyday life.

Well, this evening at rehearsal, I think that point arrived -- for myself anyway.

I'm really looking forward to this performance of "Wish You Were Here". Herbert (one of my two roles) is an interesting character. He's the typical husband who's gone to New York with his wife for their second honeymoon, but she keeps coming up with reasons why the trip is a total bust. Herb, on the other hand, is enjoying the presumably rare opportunity. His task becomes that of trying to convince his wife to loosen up and take a more optimistic approach. Rehearsals are becoming a lot of fun, and the character interaction is turning out to be blast!

Only two more weeks until we open the show. .... Ah, the joys of performing!

-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)