Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Thursday, February 26, 2004


"Opening Night: 'Wish You Were Here'"


Well, it's late Thursday already, and opening night for the stage show, "Wish You Were Here" has come, ....and gone.

All-in-all, though, I think it went pretty well. We didn't have the largest of crowds show up, but those that did seemed to enjoy the performance. And those of us performing under the lights seemed to put forward a show to be proud of. Comments and compliments went around after the show, and the general mood seemed confident. For a stage show -- after opening night -- that's a good sign.

I've heard rumors that tomarrow -- Friday -- should be our largest turnout for the show. By last count, I had heard we were completely sold out with the expectation of a full house. We'll see how much truth there is to that tomarrow night. Before that though, we've got another day to ensure that whatever we did right tonight, only gets better tomarrow. :)

Tomarrow my parents are actually coming down to Milwaukee from Minnesota and plan to take in the performance. They'll also be in the area to see my sister's show up in Sheboygan this weekend -- the musical, "Man of La Mancha." So, for them, it'll be a theatrical weekend, and unique in that my sister and I both just happen to have shows opening at the same time. That's actually rather rare lately. Hopefully too it'll make for a fulfilling (and safe) 300 mile weekend trip for my parents.

So, a satisfactory opening night performance is behind us, with two more yet to go. I feel just as ready for tomarrow as I was for today, and excited to once again perform for a live crowd. There's always room for improvement, and I may experiment with a few things yet during the upcoming two performances, but overall, for the show we've got, and the talent involved, it's worth a see if you have nothing better to do. Seriously. :)

If you're interested, feel free to visit the theatre website for more information. And, if you do stop by, stick around after the show, feel free to say hi... I'd love to hear your review (good or bad)! .... [grin].

But, for now, I think I'm off to bed. The yawns have already started to surface. That means I've worn myself out today. Again, another good sign. :)

Have a blessed Friday, and, if I don't see you at either of the two shows yet this weekend, I'll be sure to review the highlights of each shortly after, ....right here, as always. Have a good one!

Your happily blogging actor friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)