Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Sunday, February 29, 2004


"Oscar Sunday"

This evening I took the time to sit down and watch the 76th Annual Academy Awards on television. Being the entertainment-minded person that I try to be, I enjoyed it.

Billy Crystal's opening skit was humorous, and I think both that and the presentation skit by Will Farrell and Jack Black -- "You're Boring..." -- were the most entertaining parts of the event. Those two segments made me chuckle, and I think they were both well done. Kudos guys. Comedians indeed!

By the end of the evening, "The Lord of the Rings" had taken eleven Oscars, and deservedly so. This puts them in a three-way tie with "Titanic" and "Ben-Hur" for most Oscars won in the history of the Academy Awards. Nicely done!

And as to the biggest (and most disappointing) surprise in my mind, was the award for Best Actor which went to Sean Penn. I'm sure he deserved it for his perfomance in Mystic River (which I have not seen), but personally, my vote would have been with Johnny Depp, who I thought did an unparalleled job in "Pirates of the Caribbean...". But so goes the Oscars. Just to be nominated is an award in and of itself, and I'm glad Depp was recognized.

So, it was an interesting (and long) evening, but enjoyable. Previous years have perhaps been more exciting, but this year there was a lot of talent to recognize, and I'm thrilled to see my all-time favorite movie, "Lord of the Rings" earn it's place in cinematic history. In those regards, I thought this 76th year of Oscar was worth watching. .... What did you think? :)

-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)