Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Saturday, February 28, 2004


"Performance: That's a wrap!"


We didn't quite have a sold-out house this evening for our final performance of "Wish You Were Here", but I think we came very near to it. There wasn't a lot of feedback afterwards either, so it was hard to gauge how much this audience truely enjoyed the show, but from the few vibes I was getting, I think we easily won them over. The only concrete negative feedback I saw, came from the less then approving expressions of my former stickler of a theatre professor (who is generally also known to be less than complimentary in her reviews of others in the theatre scene). But, overall, though we may have been a slight notch down from our best performance on Friday, I think we pulled off another enjoyable show.

That said, night three of our show has passed, the script has been retired from it's current run of performances, and the cast has gone home. Thus ends an enjoyable few weeks of production, and a wonderful opportunity to bond with fellow theatre alumni. I really couldn't ask for a better opportunity, though, nor a better group of people to work with. It's been a blast! Truely, it has.

So now that this show is over, what does the future hold in terms of my own continued theatrical endeavors? Well, I do know this.... As summer approaches, and we move into fall thereafter, I plan to audition for an increased number of local theatre opportunities, while still pursuing my art, and hopefully working my way toward my greater goals in the creative world. I already know of a few acting opportunities that have interested me, so, if all goes well, this summer could be a fun one.

We'll have to see what comes of it all though. I don't like to make too many concrete plans ahead of time becasue life changes on a moment's notice. But as for doing something I enjoy, there's no question, this year will be full of it. That's one prediction I can make with near full certainty. And, as always, I'll muse about right here for those of you interested in the journey.

For now though, once again I find myself tired after a good show. I think I'll head off to bed, catch up on rest, and give Sunday a fresh new start. Have a blessed weekend, and, enjoy your 'Oscar Sunday'!

Your happily blogging friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)