Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Wednesday, February 18, 2004


"Wednesday: 24 Going on Younger"


There are two things I am very thankful for today: The twenty-four years of life that I have been blessed with (as of today), and the wonderful friends that I was able to share that milestone with!

....(Granted, those friends didn't know today was number 24 for me, but, hey, all the better. I like to keep a low profile -- especially when it comes to birthdays). .... [grin].

Earlier, my friend Jen had invited me over to her house today to watch a classic film with her (in her impressive basement theatre!). We're both in the "Just Plain Me" one-act play in the Alumni Production, so this film was somewhat of a research project, partially to help me better understand the character I'm playing. Of course, the film was also an excellent choice for entertainment reasons, and her company and friendship was just as enjoyable, so all-in-all, the day was very well spent!

Later in the afternoon another friend, Camille, stopped by and joined us. And, when you put the three of us together, smiles, witty comments, and fun were had by all (including an excellent and unexpected dinner cooked by Jen's mom). I truely am blessed to have such friends. And there really aren't many better ways to have spent a birthday! Truely, there aren't.

Rehearsal in the evening was also interesting. I'm still working on various character elements, but with a thorough study of my characters this coming weekend (also based on the film this afternoon), and continued research and brainstorming, I think this could be a very enjoyable show. We ran through all three one-acts at rehearsal, got further notes from two creative directors (as well as the writer), and continued the exploration process that makes theatre so much fun.

I'll admit, I'm probably hyping this show up more than it needs to be, but in all truthfulness, it's creative, original, and part of a growing alumni organization. Honestly, there's not much more that I could ask for. It's the little things like this that often seem to make life the most fulfilling. :)

So, with a happy heart, I head off to bed. It was a good day. A very good day. Tomarrow, I'll be back to work on a few unrelated projects, but I think I'll still be able to to find the fun in each of them. Besides, optimism, though a challenging aspect to remain hold of, always seems to provide a positive outlook to things. I like optimism. I think I'll like tomarrow.

Have a blessed Thursday, and until then,

Your happily blogging actor friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)