Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Monday, March 22, 2004


"A hundred screaming....?"

We've all seen or heard of events where hundreds -- perhaps thousands -- of young teenage girls scream themselves hoarse in adoration of their favorite pop star or the hottest male heartthrob. If not, you can at least picture it, right?

Well, now replace those screaming pre-teen girls with a couple hundred screaming women in their 30's or 40's. .... Yeah, what do you have? Don't know? Let me tell you.... "The Oprah Winfrey Show."

Yes, the daytime talk show where Oprah tackles events of the day, and gives away expensive gifts to the audience. Nowhere else have I seen such a collective throng of older women go wide-eyed and open mouthed with screams of glee over winning something from Oprah. To me, something just doesn't seem right about that.... I mean, when was the last time you saw a few hundred middle-aged women jumping up and down screaming like pre-teen girls at a Britany Spears concert?!

Yeah. That just scares me.

But I probably shouldn't knock Oprah's fans too much... or even pre-teen girls at a Britany Spears concert for that matter. They each have every right to have the following that they do. Heck, I apparently even have a few of my own. But, just the thought -- and sight -- of those middle-aged women jumping up and down screaming in childish glee.... that's just scary. Glee like that should probably be reserved for the young. It's more becoming of them. :p

But, then again, I suppose that's what I get when -- out of boredom -- I sit down on the couch and turn on the telvision at 4 PM in the afternoon. Heh. Sometimes I feel so dumb. And what's worse,.... I actually find Oprah's show mildly interesting.

[sigh]

-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)