Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Wednesday, March 24, 2004


"Three Points of Luck"

God has a sense of humor.

Yesterday, I awoke from a strange dream that seemed to mirror my thoughts regarding my job search. Then I found out later in the day that my roomate had decided he would be moving out in June, thus leaving me searching at the last minute for a new apartment mate. It wasn't a bad day, just not one full of good news.

Today seemed to do a 360 degree turn on that lack of luck.

First, when I checked my email in the afternoon, I found a response from a regular reader of my blog. He was interested in learning more about my opening for a roomate. And, as a plus, he's the creative type.

Then, later, I recieved confirmation that the web design job I had submitted a bit for went through. The job is mine. And it pays well by my standards.

And finally, to top off all that good news, when I returned from some errands, I found a phone message waiting on my voice mail asking me to come in for a job interview. The company (a graphics design company) was one I applied to nearly two months ago! Now, out of the blue, they were suddenly interested in me. Go figure.

So, now I sit here in the evening wondering. All this luck on one day?! ....

Maybe my search for a new roomate might not be as daunting as I thought at first. Maybe this website design project -- notable as it is -- might even be the start of an increased interest in my freelance art skills -- on a larger scale? And this request for me to come in for an interview? Well, I'm not sure what to make of it yet, since it is from company I had all but given up on. But, good news is good news, especially when it's unexpected.

I should probably count my blessings. The Almighy hasn't quite given up on me yet. He's just reminding me not to give up. Good things are apparently still waiting around the corner.

I can handle that.

And besides, I kind of needed the supportive kick in the butt. He knows me all too well. :)

-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)