Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Wednesday, April 07, 2004


"Easter and 25 Years of Marriage"

Well, I'll be heading home tomarrow for Easter. I'd been planning on avoiding the trip, and instead remaining here in Milwaukee -- so that I could finish a number of overdue personal projects -- but, I think this trip is definitely one worth making. Today is my parents 25th wedding anniversary. This Easter we will be celebrating twenty five years of a successful family with both my mother and my father at the helm!

I'll be honest, I've never too keen on driving the 320+ mile trip to get up to Minneapolis. It's long and not all that exciting. But I'm heading up with my sister, so we can both share the driving. The roads should be good, the weather lovely, and, unlike our last trip up to Minnesota, this time we'll be driving during the day. Some caffeine and a steady dose of Country music, and the trip should speed by. Hopefully. :)

The visit should be enjoyable though. While we're all together, I've been told we have plans for dinner at a fine restaurant (usually a rare occasion!), lots of chat and discussion (as is usual of such visits), and perhaps even a showing of The Alamo at the theatre. Three days to hang out at home. Short, but probably something I would have kicked myself for missing had I stayed here.

Yeah, I think I'll make the most of this rare milestone over the weekend -- I'll enjoy the opportunity and spend Easter with family. Then, come Monday, I'll be back down here in Milwaukee again doing double-time on a great many things.

Life is relentless, but it's refreshing to stop and consider the blessings it brings. Twenty-five years of a successful family is one heck of a blessing!

Have a Happy Easter everyone, and until next time,

Your happily blogging friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)