Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Monday, April 12, 2004


"Recap: Easter Weekend"

Well, I'm back in Wisconsin now after my visit with family over Easter weekend. As always, it was an enjoyable opportunity, and one well worth the unexciting 320-mile drive.

My sister (Rachel) and I arrived in Minneapolis early on Thursday evening. Unfortunately by the time we got there I was too tired to do much, and ended up taking a nap (eventually going to bed early as well). I had a lot on my mind, and had only slept an hour in the past thirty-six. Remarkably, however, I was able to stay awake enough to do some of the driving. I guess Caffeine and good upbeat music really does help.

Friday was a relatively relaxing day at home. I enjoyed the downtime, and spent quite a bit of time enjoying the company of my younger brothers. That doesn't happen very often these days. So, I've got to enjoy it while I can. :)

Saturday was again a rather relaxing day. My parents were treated to a showing of the Broadway musical, "Rent", at the local major stage theatre in the city. It was an anniversary gift from Rachel. Then, later, in the evening, my entire family went out to eat at the classy Italian family-style restaurant, Buca di Beppo, to celebrate my parent's 25th anniversary. And let me tell you, it was a pricey meal, but one of the best I've ever had! It's already on my short list of favorite restaurants. I'll be eating there again in the future.

Sunday morning was Easter. Breakfast was served at church, so we all went early, taking in the Sunday service afterward. Other than the reason for the holiday, however, the service itself really wasn't all that inspiring. The choir pieces were lovely though.

Later in the afternoon -- after a delicious traditional ham lunch (put together by the excellent cook that my mom happens to be!) -- my father treated all of us to a movie, "The Alamo". I enjoyed the film immensely, and thought it was exceptionally well done. Definitely well worth the matinee price. If you're interested, you're more than welcome to read my person review. I'd love to hear what you thought.

After a well-rested Sunday night, I awoke to see Monday and the long drive back here to Milwaukee. Again, the trip itself was uneventful, although, we actually did make exceptionally good time -- which hadn't been expected. Ironically, however, shortly after arriving back at my apartment, I took a nap. Go figure.

But, all-in-all, it was an excellent vacation from the norm, and a great opportunity to visit home -- even if I hadn't originally planned on making the trip. But, then again, in the end, I am glad that I did. It's what Easter is all about -- visiting with family and loved ones.

But, anyway, I hope your Easter was enjoyable as well, and, now that we are in a new week, I wish you the best. Have a blessed Tuesday, and until next time,

Your happily blogging friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)