Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Saturday, April 24, 2004


"Seventeen Kids and a Theatre Performance"

Today I was asked by my sister to help her with her final theatre performance for her Dare to Dream class. Her seventeen kids were performing an adapted version of "The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe" by CS Lewis. The production was being held on our old campus, so it was accessable, and I was available.

As was the case with past classes I've helped Rachel with, this one was just as enjoyable. The kids were a little wound up when we first ran the rehearsal, but by the time the audience showed up, I think they settled in and had a good performance. Video camera's were in abundance (including the one I was asked to operate), and we actually had a very good turnout -- probably about 100 people.

By 3 PM, Rachel, her other helper (who ran technical and lights -- a first for Dare to Dream), and myself each breathed a sign of relief. The day had gone well, the seven-weekend class had come and end, and both parents and children were heading home with eager stories and lots of praise. Rachel has a good thing going with this theatre class of hers, and, as a result, I think she'll have a good number of the children returning for her summer session. That's high enough praise right there!

When everything was cleared up from the performance, and the three of us had departed the theatre, Rachel took Vince and I out for dinner as a thank you for our participation. That was certainly unexpected, though quite delicious. Chinese food is always a good choice. As luck would have it, I also got to take home some of the remaining sweets (brownies, that sort of thing) from the refreshment table outside the theatre space. So, in the end, I think I'll also have some good desserts for the next few days. I can handle that. :)

It was a good day, and one spent in the theatre at that. When I think about it, though, that's one of the best ways to spend my day -- Theatre, kids, an audience, and free food..... Good times.

Have a blessed rest of the week all, and until the marrow,

Your happily blogging friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)