Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Monday, May 17, 2004


"Colonial House: 1628"

"Indentured servitude. No baths or showers. Public punishments....

Welcome to daily life in the year 1628.

Think colonial life was all about pious Pilgrims, powdered wigs and freedom for all? Think again! Two dozen modern-day time travelers find out the hard way what early American colonial life was really like when they take up residence in Colonial House, public television's latest hands-on history series.

The intrepid adventurers -- men, women, and children from across the U.S. and the U.K. -- arrived in their New World on a period tall ship and struggled to create a functioning and profitable colony, like those of America's first settlers, using only the tools and technology of the era."

I sat down and watched part one of the series this evening. Very intruiging experiment. It reminds me greatly of my own youth spent as a historical reenactor. Granted this series is a bit more intense than my own historical experiences. But, as an experiment in learning how life was for America's early settlers, this is proving to be a rather eye-opening history lesson.

If you're interested, Colonial House runs in four parts, airing May 17, 18, 24, and 25, 2004 from 7-9 PM (CST) on your local PBS station.

-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)