Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Saturday, May 15, 2004


"A Day Helping Trisha"

Today was actually a very good day.

Earlier in the week, my sister Rachel had asked me if I would be willing to help one of her friends -- up in Smalltown, WI -- move into her new apartment. She was probably playing a little bit of the 'matchmaker' role though when she asked me, but nonetheless, I agreed to help out. I was more than happy to get out of my own apartment for a while, and meeting this friend of hers and helping her move, sounded like a good way to spend my Saturday.

So, in the morning, Rachel drove down from Sheboygan, picked me up and we returned to Smalltown, WI. Unfortunately, we arrived at her friend Trisha's house to find that most of the moving had already been done. Those that had been helping her earlier in the day had apparently made better time than was expected. But regardless, we helped with what was left, and before long, the last of her belongings residely comfortably within the walls of her new apartment.

As it turned out, though, Rachel had a meeting that she had to attend elsewhere in the early afternoon. Returning me to Milwaukee would actually have been out of her way, and not practical with her time schedule. So, that left me to hang out at Trisha's new apartment while she started to unpack her things. At first I thought it would end up being a rather awkward preposition -- hanging around the apartment of a friend I had just met as she unpacked from a move -- but truth be told, I actually had a lot of fun.

For the rest of the afternoon, I helped her unpack some of her belongings -- organize her new bedroom, set up her office, etc -- all the while 'bugging her' as I put it. But thankfully she didn't seem to mind. I'm just glad I was able to lend her a hand as she started to get situated in her new place. Moving is a daunting task. Hopefully some company made it a little easier.

Over the next few hours, though, I ended up discovering that we had a lot more in common, and that made conversation very enjoyable. She's a very impressive young woman, with a good head on her shoulders, and a friendly personality. That's a wonderful combination in anyone. That said, I think she's definitely someone I wouldn't mind getting to know further. I usually don't get to meet people like her very often.

By dinner time, Rachel had returned from her meeting (apparently with a new talent agent), so Trisha treated us to dinner out as a thank-you for helping her move. It was a kind offer, good food, and excellent company. After we had all finished eating, and talked for a while, we parted ways, and Rachel returned me to Milwaukee.

Now, my Saturday is at an end, but it was a good one. And meeting Trisha was definitely a highlight of the day too. Whether Rachel really was playing 'Matchmaker' or not, she has excellent taste in friends. A day helping Trisha, proved to be much more enjoyable than I had expected. I'm glad I took the opportunity. :)

Have a blessed Sunday all, and a wonderful start to the new week. Take care, and until next time,

Your happily blogging friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)