Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Tuesday, May 04, 2004


"Girl in the Shadows"

I've added some new artwork to my online store recently.

You will now find a number of high quality framed prints and posters of ALL of my current digital landscapes. Previously, due to various creative constaints, I was only able to offer framed prints of two of my landscapes. Now, however, all of them are fully represented. I am also working on two more unique scenes to be added shortly.

In addition, you will also find a new artwork titled, "Girl in the Shadows"....


"Girl in the Shadows" depicts that one silent girl whose personality and looks intruige us, yet her true friendship seems unattainable. She's the attractive one we often see from afar, but have not yet had the courage to approach. In other words, she's one of life's simple mysteries.

Created as a reverse graphite portrait (not visually based on anyone in particular), this creation was used on the book cover of one of my friend's recent screenplays. Originally it was designed entirely opposite to traditional drawing. The intended highlights within the image where drawn in pencil on quality white paper. Then, when inverted digitally, it became the portrait of an young woman peering over her shoulder from within the shadows. It was a bit of a creative challenge to do it this way, and essentially draw the whole thing in reverse, but in the end, I think this girl has probably become one of my favorite graphite portraits. Feel free to check her out.

And finally, I've got a bit of a challenge for you if you're interested....

Feel free to suggest a digital landscape that you'd like to see created and offered in my collection. I'll take it into consideration, and if I do create it, I'll offer it in both a print and a poster, and give you a discount towards the purchase of each! The offer stands indefinitely. Feel free to take me up on it sometime.

Have a blessed Tuesday all, and I'll catch you on the marrow.

Your happily blogging friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)