Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Wednesday, May 26, 2004


"Star Trek Enterprise: Alien Nazis?"

Ok, so, the finale of Star Trek: Enterprise this evening was an enjoyable one. I was really getting into it -- until the last five minutes. What the heck happened there?....

Captain Jonathan Archer is supposedly killed saving the day. Ok. But wait, no, he actually survived (with severe burns) -- in a Nazi WWII field hospital?!

Hold on a minute, though, it gets better...

Meanwhile, the Enterprise returns to Earth after their own harrowing ordeal, to find no communication signals coming from the planet. Characters, Trip and Mayweather, decide to fly down to Starfleet Command in San Francisco to investigate, and they get shot at by WWII P-51 fighter jets?!! Then, to top that off, we -- the viewers -- are left with a visual shot of an alien humanoid dressed in a German military uniform. And he's clearly not out of place in this 2154 WWII Earth setting!

WHAT?! I'm lost. Where's the plausible continuity?

(...Sounds a little "Planet of the Apes"-like to me...) :)

Unfortunately, we'll have to wait until August to see what comes of this. I sincerely hope it makes sense. Fun as it may have been intended to be, I am getting a little tired of all this careless tampering with time.

If you missed the series finale I recommend the review/ analysis posted on Trek Nation.

-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)