Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Monday, July 12, 2004


"Monday: Job Search Blues"

I spent almost all of today sending out resumes and doing general job-searching. I was probably only marginally successful.

I did find a few from local listings that snagged my attention, though, and I was quick to apply to them. I'm hoping at least one of them pans out and ends up contacting me for an interview. That would certainly be ideal. These jobs today were right up my alley. But, then again, maybe I'm just being a little to hopeful in that regards. In the past, most companies weren't even thoughtful enough to send a rejection letter. That really bugs me.

When it comes to a job, I'm someone who thrives on creativity. I'm an optimistic person, so I'm planning to hold out for a creative job for as long as I can (or at least for as long as I can generate good leads). They're out there, just a heck of a lot harder to find. I've had enough employment experiences in the past that were far less than exciting. But a job oozing of creativity would certainly get me revved up each day. That's the kind of job I'm looking for.

I've given a lot of thought to increased acting too. I've been away from it for long enough that I miss it dearly. I'd love more than anything to make that the breadwinning job, but alas, where I am right now, something else has to pay the bills, and acting has to remain on the side. It's a shame really. You can't get much more creative than acting.

Unfortunately, here in Milwaukee, creativity is not a really big market. Jobs around here are mostly either in health care or in technical/service fields. I find little enjoyment in either. Definitely not a good place for the creative me. It's just a shame I love this city so much.

A move to a better creative market is in the plans, but unfortunately, that jump is still a year or two in the future. I've already got the creative, the artistic, and the acting skills... the trick is just finding the best productive bill-paying use for them while I am still here in Milwaukee. But then again, who knows. Maybe I'll find better luck job searching the third time around. Third time's a charm, right?

Pray for me. Pray that I am able to keep using my creative skills and keep moving towards that ultimate career goal. I love to act, and I love artistic ventures. Pray that either one, or both, can find a place within the job I find.

But I'll keep searching. Tomarrow is another "resume day". I've got a few other things to work on besides knocking on doors... But, regardless, it's likely that tomarrow will see me digging a bit deeper than today. I'm hoping for some stellar leads. We'll see.

Alas, Monday is now at a close. Tuesday is calling. I'll have to catch you all on the marrow. I'll be sure to let you know how things go.

Have a blessed day, and until then,

Your happily blogging creative friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)